SummaryExecutive leader with a proven track record of delivering product and operations in service of strategy. Recognized as both operationally pragmatic and strategically nimble, consistently develops and executes on long-term vision grounded in rigorous analysis. Rapidly develops, orients, and manages teams to meaningful, measurable success.
Head of Product
- Detailed all aspects of strategy and operations for content-forward dropship e-commerce marketplace.
- Developed site architecture, all site infrastructure.
- Re-designed internal processes and systems to accommodate new business line.
- Scoped and negotiated contracts for ~10 systems ranging from comments to payments.
- Managed multiple internal and external teams totaling ~15 people in the US, Canada, Ireland, and Indonesia.
Project Manager, Product Lead
- Assumed role of Project Manager and Product Lead for stalled $10mm e-commerce marketplace launch.
- Introduced actionable project management techniques, focused team goals, managed internal stakeholders.
- Managed offshore team to develop middleware to bring on smaller retailers focused on Shopify.
- Renegotiated major vendor relationships and managed all third-party deliverables.
- Architected and led development of two applications, reducing onboarding from four months to two weeks.
Interim Vice President, Strategy & Business Development
2017 - 2017
- Developed NBCU-wide strategic framework for new digital investments.
- Evaluated investment case for multiple potential acquisitions in multiple sectors for CFO, CEO.
- Analyzed and developed strategy for NBCU expansion into new industries.
- Defined NBCU strategic outlook for podcast industry.
Director, Content Strategy & Operations
2015 - 2017
- Led customer retention, working with marketing, product, and editorial to lift lifetime value by 40%.
- Designed site taxonomy and metadata requirements to enable customer-facing UX and back-end content and user analytics, coordinating with all third-party content providers and NBCU operations center.
- Developed K-Means clustering analysis of content to identify new opportunities and potential savings.
- Drove development of analytics platform as a standalone business now utilized by NBCU and third parties.
- Programmed and deployed custom application to supplement operations of a major distribution partner.
- Spearheaded operational efforts for launch of NBCU’s first direct-to-consumer service.
- Pivoted all content operations in one month to shift distribution strategy, lifting subscriber base by 33%.
- Launched and managed multiple third-party distribution partnerships, including Amazon Channels.
- Hired and managed four-person content operations team, running programming and user experience.
Director, Business Development
2014 - 2015
- Developed and executed strategies for MSNBC and News Group’s YouTube and younger audiences.
Director, Digital Marketing Analytics and Strategy
2014 - 2014
- Led procurement of digital attribution vendor, negotiating terms of a $500k+ long-term contract.
- Revamped budget process for xfinity.com sales channel, establishing sales targets and introducing new KPIs to improve financial performance for reporting across all digital sales channels and divisions.
- Partnering with Enterprise Business Intelligence group, conceived and led project to incorporate new enterprise-wide metrics in bidding and buying, identifying ~$20mm in potential savings.
- Co-led strategic reorganization, developing plan to establish center of excellence for marketing division.
Director – Strategy
2013 - 2013
- Conceived and led pilot program to increase user adoption of partner application.
- Lifted returning unique visitors by over 300% in nine months.
- Developed $120mm business model and rollout plan via non-linear optimization for 17 potential apps.
- Produced regression analysis of promotion versus activity, working with Insights and Media Strategy team.
2012 - 2012
- Participated in content strategy formulation, negotiation, and analytical support for the deal process.
- Analyzed content areas to evaluate site navigation, metrics, and the behaviors behind content consumption.
- Created financial models and strategy for comedy, news verticals
2008 - 2008
- Directed production of over 1,800 unique spots for air.
- Managed graphic, print, and on-air staff of 20.
2008 - 2008
- Directed first season (eight episodes) of new web series meant to empower pre-teens
- Media mentions on CNNMoney, Charlie Rose, New York Observer, Wall Street Journal
- Series awarded 2010 Webby Special Achievement Award for Best Actress (Amy Poehler)
Director of New Media and Development
2007 - 2008
- Developed and launched UCBComedy.com
- Produced over 50 digital shorts from a pool of 300 performers, 2,000 students
- Wrote, shot, directed, performed, edited, distributed and/or promoted 200+ digital shorts
Performer, Producer, Writer
2002 - 2016
- Created, hosted, and produced long-running variety show, "School Night."
- Launched diversity program.
- Co-produced theater’s signature show “ASSSSCAT 3000,” booking over 600 shows
- Produced and coordinated major events for the theater, including “Saturday Night Live - On Strike!”
- Awarded first-ever "Upright Citizen of the Year" for contributions in 2005.
- Created longest-running variety show in New York City, “School Night”.
- Performed in over 400 shows.
2002 - 2007
- Promoted to lead analyst with primary sector responsibility.
- Built and developed models on 20 companies in Gaming, Lodging, and Leisure industries.
- Initiated coverage on 15 companies in the Energy and Gaming, Lodging, and Leisure industries.
- Published over 200 individual pieces of written research.
- Met regularly with C-level management of covered companies.
- Presented daily to sales force and traders on market moving developments.
- Advised institutional investors on bond and credit derivative opportunities.
- Successfully marketed primary and secondary offerings in excess of $6 billion.
2000 - 2002
- Risk analyst for Interest Rate Products and Credit Derivatives and 350 counterparts in 5 industries: Aerospace and Defense, Brokerage, Capital Goods, Exchanges, and Transportation.
- Advised on credit rating impact of a variety of debt, equity, and hybrid capital structures.
- Managed credit risk for Broker Dealers, Asset Managers, Exchange counterparties.
- Product oversight included Credit Derivative Swaps, Interest Rate Swaps, Municipals.
- Initiated credit coverage of new counterparties, assigning trading limits and reviewing creditworthiness.
- Assessed collateral and margin requirements across asset product lines.
- Analyzed and structured ISDA Master Agreements and CSAs.
- Structured deal terms, working with Legal and Compliance departments.
- Modeled trades, evaluated risk/reward of proposed trades, structured risk mitigation, and approved trades.
- Developed fully-integrated model used by the department to evaluate pro-forma scenarios.
- Developed emergency management plan for swaps product group.
- Responsible for development of department web site.
- Co-coordinator for departmental social events.
2000 - 2004
- Coordinated 32 analysts in cross-divisional fundraising effort.
- Increased donations by 372%, participation by over 600% from 2000-2002.
- Campaign featured in January 30, 2002 issue of The New York Times.
1997 - 2000
- Managed editorial, graphic, and business staff of 48.
- Conceived, designed and executed online edition in 3 weeks.
- Increased advertising revenue by 200%, page content by 25%, throughput by 50%
- Created endowment fund, re-established graduate board of directors
Residential Computing Consultant
1996 - 2000
- Responsible for the maintenance of all upperclass, faculty, and staff computers
- Initiated pilot program for campus computing consultation, reduced re-work by 70%
1999 - 1999
- Researched new and existing venture capital firms and venture-backed companies
- Produced preliminary due diligence reports for corporate clients
- Presented results of research weekly to senior analysts
1997 - 1998
- Taught Science to 5-13 year-olds.
- Assisted camp director in administrative duties.
- Managed early-morning, after-hours care program.
- Advisory Board member for school administration
- Provide advice on curriculum, teacher pay, housing issues
- Developed fundraising plan for $80 million capital campaign
Reunions Committee – Entertainment Chair
- Identify and book DJs and/or bands for one to three nights as desired
- Submitted contracts and proof of insurance to Risk Management Office
- Booked student entertainment groups and other reception/headquarters entertainment
- Served as host and coordinator to entertainment groups during the reunion
- Taught writing skills to school-age children
- Tutored students in a variety of subjects including English, math, science
- Volunteered ~25 hours per month
- Volunteer at Lower East Side senior center
- Taught children, ages 4-10, in a local halfway house about different countries
- Developed monthly curriculum, led exercises
- Organized and led 70+ volunteers in public school rehabilitation effort
- Coordinated school administration, on-site artist and three teams to revitalize a Brooklyn public school
- Advocated on behalf of school with New York Cares organization
- Guided fundraising effort for all team members
- Created non-profit organization to teach financial principles to high-school students
- Developed curriculum, lesson plan, and activities for multiple class scenarios
- Instructed classes as a model for new teachers
Projects and Publications
- Developed iPhone/iPad app for statistical analysis of blind wine tastings using SwiftUI
- Modern update to a DOS-era program written by a former Princeton Economics department chair
- Published on iOS App Store
- Panelist for Harmony Labs on the Future of Beneficial Media post-COVID-19
- Highlighting the development team for Seeso's comedy slate
- A funny story about the handoff of my show, School Night, to its new host.
- A NYT journalist joined sent dispatches from a bus trip I organized for the 2009 inauguration
- Quick note about a show
- I went to an early Cindy Sherman Clowns show and somehow wound up in Sunday Styles. I'll take it.
- An article about Princetonians in comedy from our alumni magazine
- I got to dress up like a Ghostbuster and chase ghosts around the New York Public Library. A dream.
- Highlights how the Ghostbuster's "prank" brought renewed attention to the NYPL and helped stave off budget cuts
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
Masters in Business Administration
- Winner, Charles I. Lebovitz Award
- Recipient, Julia Stell Award
- Consortium Fellow
- Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT), MBA Preparation Program Fellow, 2011
- Student Board–Quality of Life Chair
- Entertainment & Media Club Co-Chair
- Diversity Conference Co-Chair
- Admitted Students Weekend Co-Chair
- Tripod Hockey Co-Captain
- Tuck Leadership Fellow
Economics, Certificates in Finance, Political Economy
- Thesis Topic: Venture Capital and Long-Run Performance: Theory and Evidence 1971-1999
- Courses included: Corporate Accounting, Corporate Finance, Financial Engineering, Financial Investments, International Monetary Economics
- Elected Departmental Representative
- Elected Residential College Councilor
- Member, Inter-Club Council
- Elected Eating Club Officer
St. Albans School
- Yearbook Editor-in-Chief
- Track, Soccer team captain
- National Achievement Scholarship Finalist